Frequently Asked Questions
Title loans are available in-store in Arizona, Louisiana, New Mexico, Ohio, Oregon, Tennessee, and Texas.
About Title Loans
- What is a title loan?
A title loan is a loan where a vehicle title is used as collateral in exchange for the loan amount.
- Are title loans available in my state? How much can I borrow?
Title loans are available in-store in the states below. Minimum and maximum loan amounts vary by state. If approved, the amount you may borrow will depend upon your income and standard underwriting criteria.
Arizona: $100 - $2,500
Louisiana: $500 - $1,000
Ohio: $200 - $300, or $500, or $1,000
Oregon: $100 - $300
Tennessee: $100 -$2,500
Texas: $100 - $5,000
- Do I have full use of my vehicle during the term of the loan?
Absolutely! If approved, you get the money, and you get to keep driving your vehicle.1
- Are motorcycle title loans available?
Yes, title loans are available for motorcycles in-store, and the requirements are the same: clear title with your name on it, government issued photo ID, and proof of income.
- What do I need to apply for a title loan?
- You are required to be on the title for the vehicle you are presenting as collateral, and the vehicle must be clear of any liens.
- You do not have to be employed but you must have a steady source of recurring income payments to ensure you will be able to repay your loan.
- You must reside in the state you choose for your loan application.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must not currently be a debtor in a bankruptcy case or presently intend to voluntarily file for bankruptcy relief.
- You must not be a regular or reserve member of the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, or Coast Guard, serving on active duty under a call or order that does not specify a period of 30 days or fewer or a dependent of a member of the Armed Forces on active duty.
- You must bring a valid government issued photo ID. A Social Security Number is not required.
- Titles with two names are accepted. Both people must be present in the store to complete the process. The store associate will instruct you on how to sign the documents if you are approved.
- How do I apply for a title loan?
Just use the store locator to find a store near you, and apply in person. To apply in-store, simply bring in a clear title with your name on it and government issued photo ID. We accept many types of titles, including: original titles, certified copies, salvage titles, and titles that have released liens signed off by another lender on the front.
- Do I need to be employed? Can I be retired?
You do not need to be employed, but you need to have some sort of recurring income. You may be self-employed or receive recurring income from a source other than an employer such as retirement or disability income, but we will require you to have the ability to repay the loan. The key is to have a recurring source of income.
- Does my vehicle need to be paid off?
Yes, your vehicle needs to be paid off to receive a title loan.
- What if I lost my title? What do I do?
You will need to produce a title to be eligible for a title loan in-store. You should contact your local tax office to replace your title.
- Do I have to have the vehicle titled in the same state as where I live?
You may receive a title loan if your vehicle is titled in another state as long as your residence is in the state you choose for your loan application.
- What if there are two or more names on the title?
Titles with two names are accepted. Both people must be present in the store to complete the process. The store associate will instruct you on how to sign the documents if you are approved.
- What if the vehicle title is in someone else's name?
The person named on the title will be the only person able to take out a title loan or obtain credit services using that title as collateral. If you recently bought your vehicle and the title is not yet in your name, you will need to have the title transferred at your local tax office before you can use that title as collateral for a title loan.
- I have two vehicles. Can I get one title loan based on both?
No. You can only use one vehicle per loan.
- Is there any cost to apply for a title loan?
No. You will not be charged to apply for a title loan, whether or not you are approved.
- How will I know if I am approved? When will I receive my funds?
You will be notified of the loan decision immediately following completion of your application. If you are approved, you will immediately receive your approved loan amount in cash.1
Payments and Cancellations
- When will the loan be due?
Your loan due date(s) and term (length) of the loan will vary by state. You will be informed of the due date(s) if your loan is approved.
- How and when can I pay back?
You should pay your loan in the store where the loan was originated with cash on or before the due date(s). You will not be penalized for making an early payment.
- If I pay off my loan early, how does that affect my finance charge?
If you repay your loan in full at any time, you will only be responsible for accrued interest and fees on the outstanding principal through the date of repayment.
- What if I change my mind and decide to cancel my loan?
To cancel the loan, you must return the proceeds from your loan to the store where your loan was originated within 72 hours of receiving your loan. Depending on your state, you may also be required to sign a cancellation notice that was provided to you at the time of approval.
- Why choose ACE Cash Express?
We make it easy to obtain cash when you need it most. Since 1968, ACE Cash Express has opened its doors to customers looking for financial services. ACE Cash Express delivers a broad range of financial products and services including short-term consumer loans, card services, check cashing, money transfers, bill payments and money orders.
- What is a Credit Services Organization (CSO) and Credit Access Business (CAB)?
Depending on your state, a Credit Services Organization (CSO) is a company that earns compensation by, among other things, helping consumers obtain loans from a lender. A Credit Access Business (CAB) is a type of CSO that helps people obtain payday and title loans from a lender. CSOs are not lenders and do not make loans.
List of states where ACE Cash Express is the lender:Arizona
List of states where ACE Credit Access LLC is a CSO and a CAB:Texas
- Is my personal information safe?